Why Take a Step Towards Good Nutrition?
What is it about diet that grabs our attention? Well one thing’s definite that it’s how we stay alive!! Munching a well balanced diet, which includes ample of fruits and vegetables, is ideal for a nutritious lifestyle. Coupled with physical activity, diet factor affects your weight and height. A tad overweight does increase risk of heart disease, type 2 diabetes, stroke, high blood pressure, gallbladder disease, arthritis, osteoarthritis, and some cancers too. To avoid this and yet being able to enjoy variety in food is what everybody craves for. As it is easy to get tempted to gobble less healthy food which is easily accessible, easy to prepare and satisfies a craving, you need to habituate yourself to healthy eating.
Why take a step towards good nutrition?
Most people are appalled by the idea of such habituation to healthy intake of food. Here are the reasons why you should:
- It helps you to loose weight and reduces fat accumulation.
- Foods from all categories get included and you get a balanced diet.
- It allows 20% to 35% intake of calories without putting you on high alert.
- Permits added sugars like candy, cookies and cakes.
- Gives you freedom to have two drinks (alcoholic) per day.
These above points indicate clearly that when you follow restriction right from start you can have all goodies of life forever. Let me make this a bit more clearer- if you aren’t habituated to eating balanced food and keep hogging all craving satisfiers there’s going to be a time when you start having serious health problems. That’s when you rush to the doctor and receive an ultimatum to stop eating foods you enjoyed so far.
You become the audience when everyone around you is snacking away to glory. Then you can’t have your share of sugar i.e. no candy, cakes or cookies, no alcohol till the barbaric doctor says so and no oily fried bliss. In short welcome to the hell on earth!
Diet it up
But a sneak- peek at a tiny diet and nutrition chart will drive all your worries to the world’s end. So start your habit from this moment with these simple steps:
- Be adamant on variety of fruits.
- Keep varying your veggies and consume more of the dark green ones.
- Make a compulsion of calcium rich food i.e. at least 3 cups of low-fat milk – or in line of that a low-fat yogurt and/or cheese.
- Convert half your grains to whole. Have minimum 3 ounces of whole-grain cereals, crackers, breads, pasta or rice every day.
- Hunt down lean protein i.e. choose lean meat and poultry.
Adapt yourself to the above regime and you’ll instantly realize what a wise choice you have made. Gear up to be sincere in diet and nutrition and then you can make others envious. So march ahead because a whole bunch of national and international cuisines are waiting for you to be explored!! Happy eating to you!!