Everybody experiences anxiety periodically. But some people experience more than their share, and suffer anxiety to such an extent that it becomes a disruptive force in their life. If you are such a person, this site can help you get the information and resources you need to learn how to tame this anxiety and enjoy
Everybody experiences anxiety periodically. But some people experience more than their share, and suffer anxiety to such an extent that it becomes a disruptive force in their life. If you are such a person, this site can help you get the information and resources you need to learn how to tame this anxiety and enjoy your life. You may already know that these kinds of problems are called “anxiety disorders.” The name’s not important. What’s important is learning how to manage your anxiety so that it doesn’t disrupt your life.>
Problems And Solution
There have been many ways to treatments for anxiety. Certain cases, you may treat anxiety at home without the involvement of a doctor. These are limited to anxiety attacks of short duration in which you know the cause, the anxiety is short, it goes away by itself, and the cause can be eliminated. For example, you may be anxious over an upcoming public performance, a final exam, or a pending job interviews. In such circumstances, stress may be relieved by such actions as these:
- Talking with a supportive person
- Watching TV
- Taking a long warm bath
- Resting in a dark room
- Deep breathing exercises
Treatment depends on the cause.
- When the cause of anxiety is a physical ailment, treatment is directed toward eliminating that ailment. For example, if your thyroid gland were overactive and causing anxiety, the treatment might involve surgery and various thyroid-regulating medications.
- When the cause is psychological, the underlying cause needs to be discovered, and, if possible, eliminated or controlled. For example, if the cause is difficulty in a marriage, the doctor may suggest marital counseling.
- Sometimes, the cause cannot be identified. In such cases, the only treatment option is control of symptoms.
- In the past, anxiety was treated with drugs in a class known as benzodiazepines. These include familiar names:
- Diazepam (Valium)
- Alprazolam (Xanax)
- Lorazepam (Ativan)
- A newer anti-anxiety drug is buspirone (BuSpar).
- More recently, drugs of the SSRI class (selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors, often also used to treat depression) are prescribed and include the following:
- Sertraline (Zoloft)
- Paroxetine (Paxil)
- Fluoxetine (Prozac)
- Venlafaxine (Effexor)
- In addition, psychotherapy may be useful. Combinations of medication and counseling are usually advisable.
The treatment does exist but there is one. All you need to do is work towards them. The anxiety disorder can be cured. All one needs to do is work towards it. There are many consultancies over the worlds, which help people out.