Do you often find yourself stressed out because of certain misfortunes of the past or uncertainty of future? How frequently do you feel a pang of an unpleasant emotion in anticipation of some ill- defined calamity? If very often it is time for you to realize that you are suffering from some anxiety disorder that
Do you often find yourself stressed out because of certain misfortunes of the past or uncertainty of future? How frequently do you feel a pang of an unpleasant emotion in anticipation of some ill- defined calamity? If very often it is time for you to realize that you are suffering from some anxiety disorder that causes innumerable psychological and physical tribulations.
How to get help?
Once diagnosed, anxiety can be treated fairly fast. There are many ways of treating anxiety.
- Since anxiety a psychologically originated disease, at the primary stage it can be treated through counseling provided by, psychologists, social workers, and counselors. However these counselors should have specialized in behavior therapy or cognitive development or in any such related area.
- Anxiety can be cured by cured by prescribed medications. Psychiatrists or physicians usually prescribe anti depressants or anti anxiety drugs that help during the advanced stages of anxiety.
- Other ways of treatment are group therapies or combination of all the above. This would mean psychologists and counselors work closely with the physicians and psychiatrists and help the patients.
While focusing on the second method of treatment, namely intake of prescribed drugs, we must realize certain important facts about drugs prescription.
- The physician begins by giving low dose of the drug at first however gradually increases it.
- These drugs have side effects; however the body gets accustomed to them over the passage of time.
- The dosage is tapered slowly once the doctor feels that the patient is nearing normal state.
Some anxiety drugs:
Some of the anxiety drugs are given below.
- Doxepin : is a common drug with regular side effect incase of over dosage. Common side effects like nausea and vomiting
- Clomipramine: over dosage can toxicity to the individual.
- Amoxipine: it comes along with the general instructions of how to use the drugs and the common side effects.
- Ziprasidone: is another kind to monitor anxious behavior.
- Moclobemide: this is taken to regulate the mental functioning.
Why take drugs?
Drugs help a great deal to overcome that problems arising out of anxiety. Following are some of the reasons why drugs are advisable.
- They help to reduce extreme sadness.
- They reduce lack of interest in life.
- They help to treat obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- They also cure the pain arising out of problems like approaching menopause etc
Thus, prescription drugs are advisable; however one must be aware of its side effects, the most vital of which is addiction.